28X2 - 3V version - Which PIC? What Current?

Mikler

Hi!

1. Could someone please advise which Microchip PIC is used for the
LOW VOLTAGE version of the 28X2, so that I can have a look at the data sheet?

2. Can anyone advise what the current output capabilities are?

Thanks as always

Mik

Mikler

What does "Sunk through chip' mean?

Hey! - This is great news for me - compared to the 95mA of the 28X1.

What does 'Sunk through chip: 300mA' mean (as compared to 'sunk through all ports combined : 200mA). Forgive my ignorance but how else do you sink current through the picaxe if not through the ports...)

I have 15 LEDS that I would like to give maximum carrent to - using the 3v 2X2 and two alkaline AA cells - max voltage of say 3.2 volts, I guess.

Thanks as always

Mik

Last edited:

SilentScreamer

I don't know for sure but I think it is the maximum that can be used by the chip, i.e. the chip has to use some current for its own function.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
That will be current consumed by the internal peripherals and other chip logic.

Not that I'd expect the chip to draw 100mA in itself ( would have to check the datasheets ), it's really a damage classification; more than 200mA and you could damage I/O ports, more than 300mA and you may damage other parts of the chip. 250mA through a single pin and you may be left with something which partly works, but all bets are off.

westaust55

Hi!

1. Could someone please advise which Microchip PIC is used for the
LOW VOLTAGE version of the 28X2, so that I can have a look at the data sheet?

Mik
Hippy has given you the anser but reading :eek: the PICAXE Manual 1 page 13 would have given you the answer also.

From the datasheet by way of example:
Supply Current (IDD)
PIC18LF2X2X/4X20 1.3mA (typ) 1.7 mA (max) at +25°C and VDD = 3.0V and FOSC = 4 MHz