28X1 & SimpleLan

steliosm

Hello all and Merry Christmas!

I'm doing some tests with the 28X1 chip and the SimpleLan module.
What I'm actually doing is pushing some numbers to the SimpleLan in order to view them from a web browser. It seems that somehow the '0' (zero) between the numbers are lost. When I push out the serial the number '201' I get the number 21 displayed at the web browser instead. It is also happening with other numbers that have a '0' between them.

This is the code I use and I get the '21' at the browser window

Code:
#picaxe 28x1
' Setup the serial
hsersetup B2400_4, %01
symbol UDP_Packets = w9
' Set the value
let UDP_Packets = 201
' 
main:
	hserout 0, ("!AT0W17:", #UDP_Packets, 13)
If I run this code the value is displayed correctly.

Code:
#picaxe 28x1
' Setup the serial
hsersetup B2400_4, %01
symbol UDP_Packets = w9
' Set the value
let UDP_Packets = 201
' 
main:
	hserout 0, ("!AT0W17:201", 13)
Any ideas?

Last edited:

MORA99

Hmm, I think you need to transmit the values in ascii, so #UDP_Packets if I remember right (the # to send as ascii).

steliosm

Sorry, I copy&paste wrong code. It's corrected now.
I do use the '#' to transmit ascii values. I also sertxd the values to the Terminal through the download cable. Through the cable the values are correct, through the SimpleLan they don't show up correct.

The fact is, that if I include the value '201' in the string it shows up fine. If I send the value using '#' it doesn't.

MORA99

I did wagely remember thatone (but hard to find again :) ), although it should have been fixed "in next firmware".

Anyway, you can use regular serial out at 8mhz with the 28x1 and still communicate with simplelan.

steliosm

:) Yeah, I could do that, but I'm afraid I already built the circuit... :-(

Anyway, the workaround proposed by the Technical is pretty OK, since I have plenty of RAM left.

Maybe there should be a changelog or something so we can see the bugs and fixes in every firmware release. Technical, any plans about that?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Firmware revisions are already listed in the file 'firmware.txt' which is in the programming editor installation folder.

This known 28X1 bug will be fixed in .3 firmware.