20X2 Serin Timeout

QuIcK

I can't see why not,as it's rumoured to come with even the proverbial kitchen sink.
bout time. is that a dual temp kitchen sink? whats the flow tap? mixer, or independant?
Ive been waiting to interface with proverbial kitchen sinks for a while now. only chips i could find to do it were £20+ :(

lookin forward to the arrival of the 20x2. gonna make things cheaper, faster and better :)

Wrenow

Amen. I check the online store every day or so - lots of thoughts for that little bugger. First project that comes to mind (for me) is a hobby RC encoder. Would be able to turn a $29 Hobby King radio into a computer programmable 6 channel radio pretty easily.

Read the inputs,
do whatever mixes or maths you want and have programmed in
output the standard pulse stream
rinse and repeat.

And, with the speed, might be able to read all 6 channels on the RX end and do additional computations, mixing, etc. and output the servo pulses there.

Cheers,

Wreno

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
You probably don't have to check the store for availability as it will almost certainly be announced on the forum when the 20X2 is available / due to be available. Current status is that we are still waiting for chips to become available as before.

As to reading all channels of an R/C; that depends on how the signals arrive. If a channel starts immediately the previous one ends it won't be possible to finish reading the first and be ready for the next. If there's a long enough gap that will work. There's still the challenge of processing what's received and being ready for the next frame and the question of when to do processing, after each channels, after all channels. I'm quite sure the PICAXE community will do its best to make it possible though !