20M- programming?

gerrymcc

Have I decided to use an orphan?

I can not see how to use the latest edition of the programming software to work with a 20M chip? I have not been able to get any references using the Search facility.

Solution?

Thanks

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I can not see how to use the latest edition of the programming software to work with a 20M chip?
To program for the PICAXE-20M, either add the "#Picaxe 20M" directive in your code as suggested by SilentScreamer or use the menu option View -> Options -> Mode to select the 20M.

westaust55

Selecting the 20M in the PE

You can also tick the box at the bottom left of that options screen to bring it up each time you start the Programming Editor. (see attached)
Great oif you have differnet PICAXE chips.

The 20M is hardly an orphan - it has only recently been released (compared to some) . . .

release Date - PICAXE
xx Oct 2002 - 08
22 Jan 2003 - 18A and 28A
26 Apr 2003 - 28X
02 May 2003 - 40X
18 Sep 2003 - 18X
20 July 2004 - 08M
01 May 2007 - 14M, 28X1 and 40X1
20 Feb 2008 - 20M
21 Jan 2009 - 18M​

Attachments

gerrymcc

OK, I thought some time ago I upgraded to the latest version. Just checked now, and the upgrade appears not to have worked. Have downloaded Patch522 and tried to install it.

Gets as far as the Modify/Repair/Remove screen, and then the choices (LH) area of the next screen is blank. After "Next", it goes off and does something and then "Finish". Even after rebooting, the "About" still shows 5.1.6 when I restart the Editor. Using Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

eclectic

OK, I thought some time ago I upgraded to the latest version. Just checked now, and the upgrade appears not to have worked. Have downloaded Patch522 and tried to install it.

Gets as far as the Modify/Repair/Remove screen, and then the choices (LH) area of the next screen is blank. After "Next", it goes off and does something and then "Finish". Even after rebooting, the "About" still shows 5.1.6 when I restart the Editor. Using Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
One that I and several others have used.

A new "clean" install.
Save the .bas programs that you need in a separate directory.

Control Panel >> Uninstall

Remove all versions of Programming Editor.
Remove any old BAS80_ ... type files from your computer.

Restart the computer.

Download and install the Full 5.2.2 package.

Restart

e

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Windows can sometimes 'play tricks' in recovering files it believes have been lost but are essential. The process I use to ensure a clean installation when I have problems are -

1) Remove all Programming Editor entries from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs
2) Remove the "C:\Program Files\Programming Editor" directory
3) Re-boot
4) Repeat 1 to 3 as necessary
5) Re-install from the latest 'full version' BAS805 executable