20 in 1 multi PICAXE based project (My one year PICAXE achievement)

Pauldesign

Hi Folks

A bit confused where to post this, so i’ve decided to post it in the active forum. :)

Well, being my birth month and my last day on the forum for 2010 and as part of the given back to the community initiative; in the attached file is what i've decided to leave to the forum before i leave the forum. It's basically what i’ve achieved with PICAXE microcontrollers but before I proceed i’ll like to seize this opportunity to thank:

Rev Edu for introducing such an interesting product (i’m hoping to see more esp FPGAXE), technical support, Hippy for his commitment and knowledge he has and is still endorsing to the forum, also BB and Dippy and their continuous criticisms and booing at me not forgetting Westauss55 (which i’m hoping to see becoming a future moderator), all the senior forum members, the newbie’s and whosoever have contributed directly or indirectly to make this project a success. ;)

As to the forum newbie’s, i’ll like to say i was like you (regarding PICAXE) this same time last year and see what i’ve done and i believe you guys can do even better with a PICAXE microcontroller.

Well, i’ll be less active on this forum as from next year as i’ll be furthering my postgraduate studies full time with SA space and satellite engineering institute projects and i wish i could have a space related knowledge based forum like this, from which i’ve learnt a lot from be it directly or indirectly and i’ll keep on visiting from time to time, for updates and some cool vibes.:cool:

My combined source code in all the PICAXE chips was 36 pages of pdf and before BB and Dippy castrate me once more about the schematic diagrams (i deliberately left out LED current limiting resistors as i find them trivial).

I never had time to review the design due to time constrain which as a matter of facts; i didn’t even get to do a PCB. Attached are some TTS audio files. Please smile over my mistakes and my clumsy design until next year when i get to see your replies. Unfortunately i can't upload the TTS audio files.

All the best guys and enjoy the festive season and be back in one piece.

Pauldesign has signed out for 2010 and catch u guys on the flip side (Happy 2011). :D

Attachments

BeanieBots

...before BB and Dippy castrate me once more about the schematic diagrams (i deliberately left out LED current limiting resistors as i find them trivial).
I dare say they may be trivial now that you are working for NASA, but don't forget what happened when they found O-rings a trivial thing;)

lbenson

Quite a project, Paul, and congratulations. You certainly used many technologies.

Can you advise what your rational was for using different wireless frequencies for transmit and receive, i.e., 869mHz to transmit and 433mHz to receive?

Good luck with your new endeavors.

geoff07

Nice job Paul! What is the link with Cameroon?

You certainly have different customer issues out there judging from your displays!

Pauldesign

Happy new year guys and thanks for the replies and compliments.

Can you advise what your rational was for using different wireless frequencies for transmit and receive, i.e., 869mHz to transmit and 433mHz to receive?
To be precised, i used 869 MHz Tx/Rx pair and 433 MHz Tx/Rx pair; whereby a 869 MHz Tx and 433 MHz Rx formed a transceiver pair in the Transmitting section and 869 MHz Rx and 433 MHz Tx formed a transceiver pair in the receiving section.

It wasn't really intentional, as my initial plan was to use 433 MHz but i later realized i've to transmit audio data also which Linx 433 MHz doesn't supports. I then decided to buy 869 MHz to form a 869MHz (FM/FSK) and 433MHz (AM/ASK) combo rather than buying an expensive discrete 869MHz transceiver chip.

Some technical reason was, the Linx 869 MHz RF chip supports both digital and analogue transmission while the 433 MHz supports only digital transmission which is also constrained by law. So the 433 MHz Tx/Rx pair in my design was used only for acknowledgment. The mixed frequency combination also takes care of some interference as opposed to two pairs of 869 MHz Tx/Rx. (Otherwise the power cycling duration between both 869 MHz Tx has to be critical)

What is the link with Cameroon?
Well, i'm of Cameroonian descent and that's where my root is.