16X2 LCD Code for 18M2?

hbl2013

The PICAXE website mentions the use of the 18M2 for an available serial 16X2 LCD display product.(AXE033) It also mentions that the code for this 18M2 is available to programmers, but I am unable to find it. Does anyone know where I can download it from? I have several LCDs from other projects available which I like to use.
Any comments are welcome.

hbl2013

Technical posted the following URL websites in answer to my posting:

Just a warning, do not use the first address. My computer consistently hangs up on that website while reading the PDF file, and only a SHFT-ALT-DEL gets me out.
Also the instruction sheet that accompanies the AXE132 parts, the "AXE132 OLED LED Driver Kit" (AXE-133.pmd v1.1), contains a reference to www.picaxe.com/products/AXE133 for the default AX133 program. Don't use it. It also does not work, and again my computer hangs up every time it reads the PDF file.
Only the second reference works, and you can download a .BAS file for the 18M2 on that site. (What I was after in the first place!)

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Just a warning, do not use the first address. My computer consistently hangs up on that website while reading the PDF file, and only a SHFT-ALT-DEL gets me out.
Also the instruction sheet that accompanies the AXE132 parts, the "AXE132 OLED LED Driver Kit" (AXE-133.pmd v1.1), contains a reference to www.picaxe.com/products/AXE133 for the default AX133 program. Don't use it. It also does not work, and again my computer hangs up every time it reads the PDF file.
All the links work for me, both the top "PDF" buttons and the links under "Resources", for PDF's and other files. It would therefore seem to be some issue with your computer, browser, PDF reader or configuration .

hbl2013

All the links work for me, both the top "PDF" buttons and the links under "Resources", for PDF's and other files. It would therefore seem to be some issue with your computer, browser, PDF reader or configuration .
Thanks fellows, your comments confirm what I was wondering about, i.e. is there something wrong my computer? I had no way of finding this out, because the problem is consistent.
I have to look further into this problem. Sorry about my erroneous posting.

Last edited:

wapo54001

Thanks fellows, your comments confirm what I was wondering about, i.e. is there something wrong my computer? I had no way of finding this out, because the problem is consistent.
I have to look further into this problem. Sorry about my erroneous posting.
Try clearing your browser's cache.

Skiwi

If you want to use a basic 16x2 LCD (not a serial module), you could use the routine as per attachments.
I modified the parallel LCD routine given by another member (Hippy I think) that was written for chips with more spare pins, and used 8 outputs. (Full credit to Hippy for the procedure that I have modified.)
This routine reduces that requirement to 6 outputs, leaving more for other purposes. I have not given my full project routine or circuit, just snip of the basics

Attachments

Last edited: