10,000 dice game

sagacity_61

Has anyone attempted to build a picaxe version of this dice game (also called Farkle, Zilch and Boxcar) ?

I made one using 08M's and although I get random rolls using the simulator, on the actual prototype I get the weirdest results.

I've loaded each of the six PICs (on the one PCB) with a slightly different random generating routine, but all dice come up the same value, even though they are have a slightly different time delay loop before displaying (which means the random number seeding is different for each dice [or is it])?

Any constructive comment in the attached schematic and program would be welcome.

thanks

Attachments

eclectic

Quick reply.

I suggest that you re-post this question to the
main forum.

The Sandbox is normally used just for testing.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Movd to Active Forum.

It's not clear to me exactly what you're doing but you need to keep calling "RANDOM w0" multiple times to get different numbers. A new random number is only generated when RANDOM is executed, so simply delaying various amounts of time won't affect the number chosen.

Your code is also wrong, although that might just be for debugging or testing ( you're overwriting whatever w0 is ) ...

Code:
makenumber:
   random w0       
   w0 = b2
   b2 = w0 // 6 + 1

sagacity_61

Movd to Active Forum.

It's not clear to me exactly what you're doing but you need to keep calling "RANDOM w0" multiple times to get different numbers. A new random number is only generated when RANDOM is executed, so simply delaying various amounts of time won't affect the number chosen.

Your code is also wrong, although that might just be for debugging or testing ( you're overwriting whatever w0 is ) ...

Code:
makenumber:
   random w0       
   w0 = b2
   b2 = w0 // 6 + 1
thanks for those comments - hit it on the head I think

sagacity_61

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to do that.
I read the FAQ on posting and none of the Q's answer "How do I post an item?"
geriatric users feeling their way get lost easily without directions
this is the choice of FAQ's
# Are there any special codes/tags I can use to format my posts?
# What is email notification?
# What are smilies?
# Code Buttons and Clickable Smilies
# How do I create and vote in polls?
# What Are Attachments?
# What are message icons?
# Can I edit my own posts?
# What Are Moderators?
# Why have some of the words in my post been blanked?

BCJKiwi

Dig around in the 'User CP' menu item - top left of menu bar above.
Helps to add the countery/region you're in as then others have an idea where you are.

A number of editing features (attachemnts,smilies etc) are only available in the avanced editor -go advanced below, or, make iadvanced your default.