08M2 parallel tasks

fran1942

Hello, I am just learning how to program an 08M2 chip.
I want to play a tune and light up a rainbow LED at the same time.
The rainbow LED will need continuous current. (It cycles through colours automatically using a chip built in to the LED itself)

Can someone please advise the best way to do this on an 08M2. I see that these chips support parallel tasking but am unsure how to implement it.

Thanks kindly for any help.

Jamster

Can you supply a datasheet for the 'rainbow led', If it just needs continuous current then the high command may be of use.

premelec

PWMOUT is the usual change intensity of an LED command but there's only one on the 08M2 - I don't know if the tune command interferes with this which normally runs in the background. The 14M2 and 20M2 chips have 4 PWMOUTs at once possible. In my own use of 08Ms in led driving I resorted to using a digital to analog converter which had 8 current control outputs to 8 channels - that data was loaded from the 08M to the TI DAC chip... The 14M2 might be your best bet for cheap RGB control...

As Jamster says we need spec for LED - if it's a two lead sparkly type then just put it on an output [with series resistor] and turn it on and off with HIGH LOW commands...

Last edited: