08M2 Input Pin Types

bpowell

Hello Gang,

Can anybody tell me which pins on a 08M2 are TTL and which are ST? My trusty forum link: Picaxe Input Pin types has failed me, as it doesn't reference the 08M2.

I've got a project currently using a TTL input on a 20x2, and I'd like to put one of my shiny new 08m2's to work on this project...but need to know the right pin to use.

Also, how could I figure this out for myself? I can't even find the PIC Chip number the 08m2 is using!

Thanks,

Brendan

westaust55

Based upon the PIC 12F1840 datasheet which is “comparable”:

IO0 = TTL but only as output on PICAXE 8M/M2 chips
IO1 = TTL, as SR Latch = ST
IO2 = ST
IO3 = TTL
IO4 = TTL
IO5 = TTL ( also Serial In pin)

Due to various agreements a chip physically engraved 'PICAXE-xxx' cannot be described as a 'PICxxx' as it is not, it is a PICAXE chip.

However the 12F1840 and 16F1825/9 datasheets should make good reading for those interested in Microchip's new generation chips.

Last edited:

srnet

Its in the PICAXE manual, under inputtype oddly enough;

Input Pin Types:
08M2 08M 08
Serin TTL TTL TTL
C.1 TTL TTL TTL
C.2 ST ST ST
C.3 TTL TTL TTL
C.4 TTL TTL TTL

Its rumoured that there maybe 08M2s out there which are not lebelled 08M2.

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Based upon the PIC 12F1840 datasheet which is “comparable”:
Thanks. I've updated the list to add 08M2. I've put the others on the to do list.

Its rumoured that there maybe 08M2s out there which are not lebelled 08M2.
What we refer to as the 08M2 are etched as "08M2+".

The 08M2LE which are only sold into education as part of educational kits are etched as "08M2".

Not the perfect situation but that mainly came about due to circumstances beyond our control. Unless you're buying on an educational account ordering from Rev-Ed and distributors will get you 08M2 ( "08M2+" ) chips. Programming Editor shows how the PICAXE chips are labelled under the selection box using View -> Options -> Mode.

bpowell

Thanks Srnet...I'd not noticed that since that command, "Inputtype" is restricted for 14m2 chips...but it's got a great chart!

Thanks!

bpowell

Thanks all for the response and for pointing me towards the data sheet!

I tried to reply last night, but the forum was in a world of hurt...seems better today!

John West

Thanks all for the response and for pointing me towards the data sheet!

I tried to reply last night, but the forum was in a world of hurt...seems better today!
If you're in the US (your info fails to list your location,) then you will very likely find the Rev. Ed. sites become pretty much inaccessible in the evenings every day. I've given up trying to access them except in the morning and early afternoon "window of opportunity."