08M being phased out for 14M??

premelec

I notice 2 USA distributors no longer stock the 08M but only the 14M - is the 08M solidly entrenched in the PICAXE line and not stocking it siply a distributors choice?

If the 08M is going away I'd like to know as I've been using it and design PCBs for it.

Thanks...

Mycroft2152

?????

There are only 2 "official" PICAXE suppliers in the US and both still have the 08M on their website.

Which 2 are you referring to?

There might be a production / supply problem at Rev Ed.

Myc

premelec

I'm going to check again - it was a few days ago I looked - I did notice PHA was still selling the 08M then...

manuka

????? indeed- any such 08M shortfall is likely due to their extreme popularity! Even after 4 years I for one have yet to fathom the full depths of "the little chip that could". Stan

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
If you snap the bottom six legs off a 14M they fit nicely in an 8-pin socket. I'm assuming there aren't any caps at the end or you wouldn't be able to slide a screwdriver underneath to lever them out smoothly.

Tom2000

If you snap the bottom six legs off a 14M they fit nicely in an 8-pin socket. I'm assuming there aren't any caps at the end or you wouldn't be able to slide a screwdriver underneath to lever them out smoothly.
ROTFL !!!

[...filling out the 10-character minimum...]