Workspace confusion

lbenson

I have a workspace, named 40x2.wsp, which opens with 7 programs. I delete three of them and open another, and then save the workspace. If I then close PE6 and open that workspace again, the original 7 are still there, and the new one isn't.

How do I accomplish what I want--removal of 3 programs and addition of a new one, and saving of the workspace with the original name, and getting that setup when I close and re-open?

techElder

Lance, I've run into the same thing many times, but have never had the time to investigate. However, I think in the process of bumbling around to get it to work, that I've solved it by loading a different workspace and gone back to my previous workspace with the desired results. I think.

lbenson

Tex--I thought I figured out that you needed to delete the files in the "Workspace Explorer" pane, and then save the workspace--but that didn't work either.

Then I edited my 40x2.wsp file using notepad to delete the unwanted files and add the new one, and that worked. Don't understand why Save in the Workspace block isn't doing it.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I thought I figured out that you needed to delete the files in the "Workspace Explorer" pane, and then save the workspace--but that didn't work either.
I'm not familiar with Workspaces because I never use them but that seemed to work for me.

PE6 starts, open a workspace and it brings up the files which are included in my workspace. I clicked on "Remove from workspace" for some of them, saved the workspace, and when I restarted PE6 the workspace has the files except the ones removed. Worked as far as I tested it across multiple workspaces.

I suspect it's an issue of having files open for editing when closing the workspace or exiting PE6. PE6 does seem to remember those as well as what's explicitly in the workspace listing. Workspaces likely doesn't dictate what will be shown, is merely an index as to what is used with that project.