Will infrain show a detection of a value greater than 17?

erdc

If you send an infrared value of greater than 17, will the debug window show that value?

The reason I ask is that I have a Sony Camcorder remote, and know that it does send out SIRC, but the buttons are all values above 17. So I do not know if my circuitry is performing right, or it just ignores any values that are greater than 17.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
If you use a PICAXe chip that supports the infrain2 command it will detect any TV SIRC value between 0-127. However if the remote does not use give out a 'TV family' code (which unfortunately in your case it probably doesnt) it will not work with infrain or infrain2 and so you will have to bit-bash. Have a look at the infraout command explanation in the manual for more details about family codes.

erdc

I am only going to use a chip that will only accepts the infrain command. When I use the 8M chip and the SONY Camcorder remote, it works fine.

So the remote is OK, I just need to know if infrain will display any number when I have the debug window open. Or will it totally ignor the infrared signal and show nothing in the infra register?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The table within the infraout command within the manual shows the direct connection between infrain and infrain2 codes. If your 08M code works with one of the codes that also works with infrain you will be ok.

Note that the latest firmware versions 18A (5.4), 28A (6.4) and 18X (8.4) chips also all now support infrain2 as well as infrain

erdc

Well my question was about how chips OTHER THAN the 8M dealt with the higher values. But that is a mute point now, since I do have a 28A (6.4) chip, so all is well.

But where does one go to find out what the latest firmware for each chip sets are, and what the latest firmware contains?

When the firmware changes to allow a command to be used on a chip that was not allowed before, do they then come out with a new version of the Programming Editor? Or is there just a file that tells the editing program what commands are allowed on what chips?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The "Firmware?" button is the best way to determine what version of firmware your chips have.

In the installation directory for the Programming Editor you will find a file called <i>firmware.txt </i> , which indicates what additions and changes there were for each version.

Usually &quot;C:\program Files\Programming Editor\Firmware.txt&quot;

An equivalent <i>revision.txt </i> exists for Programming Editor versions.