Where to get X2s in London?

Dave E

Hi all.
Like everyone else on this forum, I can't wait to get my hands on a couple of the new X2 chips.
While I live in the States, it just so happens that my wife will be in London Thursday and Friday of next week.
Does anyone know if there is a place in London that will have the new chips on the shelf by then?
From what I gather on this forum, there is no store she can walk into and purchase a few chips but since I'm not 100% sure I thought I would ask. Since Picaxe is in Bath, I thought it might be a bit easier to get them in the UK.

It would be nice to be the first consumer in the US to have a few of the X2s.

Dave E

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
There's no over the counter sales source I know of for PICAXE within the UK.

kevrus

Rapid Electronics stock Picaxe and have a trade counter in Colchester, whether they will have the X2s is another matter

Wrenow

Or see if they can be posted to her at the Hotel? Even easier! A quick call or email to TechSupplies should be able to confirm if they could do this. And, you would want to let the Hotel know to expect the post for you. When I lived there, the British post was pretty darned efficient and reliable, especially in the London area, somewhat different from the USPS.

Cheers,

Wreno

Dave E

That's a good idea to have them sent to the hotel. I will give that a try.

Thanks for the ideas.

Dave E

Dave E

I only know of the 3 places listed on the Picaxe site. Namely Sparkfun, Advanced Micro and P.H. Anderson. I have not seen any of them advertise the X2s yet.

Dave E