What's wrong with this picture?

tarzan

Jamster;bt26 said:
Dent in capacitor?
Hi Jamster,

The indents in the capacitor appear to be normal manufacturing marks.
Part of the answer is something you cannot see in the picture, but should
be apparent.

Svejk

First, you have there an unprotected "installation" that lacks a good earth connection. Then, there is no barrier between user and a 230V potential. I can't see any other form of protection and no mains switch.

I'd say you have very an unsafe piece of equipment. Don't plug it in.

tarzan

Svejk;bt28 said:
First, you have there an unprotected "installation" that lacks a good earth connection. Then, there is no barrier between user and a 230V potential. I can't see any other form of protection and no mains switch.

I'd say you have very an unsafe piece of equipment. Don't plug it in.
Hi Svejk,

You are spot on; this is a very dangerous piece of equipment.
Would it surprise you to know that it’s offered for sale in NZ on a popular trading site?

Svejk

No, not at all! Yet it looks like an used unit, therefore it should have some form of certification to be available if sold by a company.

westaust55

1. Photo not perfectly clear or is it my eyes, but the name on the side of the metal base is spelt wrong - "A" should be "O" (ie MORON)

2. Looks like sharp self tapping screws holding the transfomer in place that could pierce the 230 Vac mains cable

MPep

Of course, the other thing is that there is no PICAXE :D.

Seriously, DON"T USE THAT BOARD!!!!!!!!!

Goeytex

Looks like 'MORON' is misspelled on the aluminum. An there are no receptacles for the designer to insert his fingers into.

Really this idea is 'before it's time' as the new mains powered Picaxe has not yet been released.

Last edited: