What I Did with PICAXE During Lockdown

erco

PICAXE IN ACTION! This was a fun freelance job from early 2020. I used a PICAXE 20M2 in my prototype. "Artie Max" pretty much kept my original design (tricycle front wheel drive & steering) and all my features (pen changer turret, line following, color sensing, edge detection). And now that the company Educational Insights has announced it, I can share some of my early prototype tests. I hope they can execute in production!

https://youtu.be/3_tYmcprkTo

lbenson

Super job. I especially like the mechanism for DOWN PEN. In the earlier videos I was wondering how you did that.

mikeyBoo

This is why we do what we do. The thrill of seeing something in your head, then watching it manifest in the real world.
I think techies have “picture brains” while most folks just have “word brains”. I thank God every day for my “picture brain”.

You go erco! This is what it’s all about: Life as a playground & Creating fun stuff!

erco

Thanks for your kind words, it's nice to get paid for PICAXE-ing. Here's a photo of the internals with the 20M2 visible. Also visible in the video below, more toward the end.

Attachments

Last edited: