VSM under xp under virtualbox under ubuntu

geoff07

I have had VSM for a while but not used it for a year or so. I'm now trying to transfer VSM from an old xp laptop to run under XP on my linux desktop. Usually everything just works under virtualbox as it is a full MS xp installation, but in this case I can't seem to lose the demo mode, despite the license key being correctly installed according to the license manager, and the user registry permissions being set to full admin rights.

I first moved it to run native under Wine, where it installed correctly including the key. But the simulator stops responding there, hence the use of virtualbox.

Anyone any ideas? How can I check that the registry entry for the key is as VSM would expect to find it?

geoff07

Some modest progress as the same VSM version now seems to work under Wine, which will therefore be due to improvements in Wine. Virtualbox is therefore not needed, which is just as well because it seems that Labcentre don't like virtual machines. Simulation of the dice game works correctly, under Ubuntu 11.04, Wine 1.2.2, and ISIS 7.4 SP2. Time will tell if it is all working as it should but the omens are good.