VSM (re-) registration woes

twebb

About a year ago I purchased and registered VSM. About a month ago my computer crashed and required a hard-drive reformat. Recently, I decided to download and reinstall VSM. The reinstall of the DEMO was no problem.

My woes begin with trying to re-register the product. I failed to print out the e-mail with the activation key, but have found in my notes "PICAXE ACTIVATION ID XXXXXXXX" ( an eight digit number). Since the editor does not require registration, I'm pretty sure this number is for VSM.

However, when opening the 'Licence Manager', all I see are prompts to 'browse' or 'find' .LXK type filess. Based on my understanding of the PICAXE Tutorial - Part 2, this is where I'm expecting to enter the activation ID referred to above!

When opening the VSM program, there is a wondow prompting me to register on-line. This effort only takes me to the PICAXE VASM web page. I see no indication as to how to register the product.

Does the eight digit activation code sound correct?

What do I need to do to register the product?

Based on the message traffic on this forum regarding VSM support (or lack thereof) for the newer version PICAXE chips, I doubt that I would pay for VMS again!!

Thanks,

Southeast Queensland

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You need a license .lxk file, which was part of your registration email. If you have lost this email simply email us from your original email account and we can resend you the file.

twebb

Technical -

I did e-mail customer support late last year about a week prior to my original post. I did receive a reply with the key this morning. In view of the holiday season delays, I'm very pleased with the outcome! Good customer service!!

Thank you for your suggestion and I eagerly await the VSM update.

Ted
Southeast Queensland, Australia