VSM multiple prices

Pauldesign

Hi

Sorry for asking here as i've no choice because i hardly ever receive any reply from sales dept.

My sister in UK just placed an order for the license key of the PICAXE VSM software and has been billed an extra Value Added Tax: standard (17.5 %) £9.89 (Total Amount £66.38) to the price on the website which is £49.99 excl VAT and £57.49 or £58.74 including VAT (why two different VAT prices and the extra VAT of £9.89).

What is going on here, because i'm frustrated with the whole pricing system?

Please see the attached file at the time of placing the order.

Rgds

Paul

Attachments

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We received your email at 13:22
It was replied to at 13:43. How much quicker could we respond!!!

We do not understand your question with relation to tax.

Any order placed by anyone living/staying in the UK and EU must pay UK tax, called VAT, at 17.5%
That is simply the law, it would be illegal for us not to charge the tax.

So the price is £58.74 for email delivery UK.
If you do not select email delivery at checkout (ie expect a CD to be produced and posted to you and therefore incur UK postal charges) the total charge including delivery is 66.38.

If you order from outside the EU you are not liable for VAT. If you select email delivery the total price is then 49.99.

We do not stock 20x4 LCDs.

Regards

Technical Support

The earlier UK price of 57.49 applied up to 31 Dec, as the UK government changed the tax rate form 15% to 17.5% on 1 Jan.

Pauldesign

The response was quick from Rev Edu dept which i'm impress although the very first one (stock about 20x4 LCD) to Tech Supplies (orders@techsupplies.co.uk) was never responded. From now on i'll be using Rev Edu for sales related queries.

If that is the case i apologize for my sister mistake and i'm not against the VAT issue in the UK, it's very vital as i also do pay VAT in SA.

To avoid future query on this issue maybe from somebody else, i think the VAT price although the difference is minimal should be updated on the website to have a single price instead of two prices.

Regards

Paul

Andrew Cowan

The price difference is due to the VAT change - to encourage us to spend more, the government cut VAT from 17.5% to 15%. On January 1st, the rate went back up to 17.5%.

The difference in prices is due to one price being updated, and one not - it seems Tech Suppies are yet to update the VAT rate under the 'promotional items' column.

A