v1.0.0 now available

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
v1.0.0 is now available to download. We recommend all beta version users upgrade to this new version which has a number of improvements.

LordPhobos

Is there a download link? the main picaxe vsm page has not been updated in a while, and is still referrring to the beta...

Mycroft2152

Just download the beta trial again and it will automatically check for a registration code and then update to the new version. This worked for me.

Myc

huw2m9

Hello all. How can you tell if PICAXE VSM has updated to v1.0.0?
I downloaded and saved the file from the beta link and then installed, receiving a valid licence message along the way, but the menu 'Help -> About...' seems to show the same info as per the beta version and I can't see any reference to v1.0.0 anywhere?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Help>About on ISIS will be the same, as that ISI file has not changed. It is the PICAXE files that have changed.

When you run any simulation a log of messages is created - simply double click on the 'xx messages' text at the bottom of the screen to view the list. The PICAXE model version is listed here.

Gavin Murray

How to upgrade from beta?

Technical - I hope you are not telling me that I have to download the entire 20MB file to update the Beta version that i purchased to a live version.
I live in a very remote area of Australia and 20Mb will take all day!

There must be a way to get the required files only??? - Please!

Mycroft2152

Gavin,

There are about 90 files that have newer creation dates in the update. These total about 10 meg. so its pretty much a wash.

It would ahve been nice to at least have an update button and /or clearer instructions.

Myc

Gavin Murray

Oh well.

Gavin,

There are about 90 files that have newer creation dates in the update. These total about 10 meg. so its pretty much a wash.

It would ahve been nice to at least have an update button and /or clearer instructions.

Myc
Thanks - I will start the process of downloading. It is such a great product, it will be worth the time. I hope you people who live on high bandwidth connections have a thought for those of us who are lucky to get 1kb/sec!
G

Gavin Murray

Anybody there?

So does this offical v1.0.0 release have full X1 device support?
If not, when will that be released?
There seems to be a echo in here ... [no response]

Hello .... [hello]

Is there anybody supporting this product?
Hello - is anybody going to answer this?
Am I alone in the PicAxe VSM universe?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We thought from the your post above you had already downloaded - if you had you would already know the X1 parts are included!

geoff07

Confused about the version

Can anyone tell me where in this list of messages (taken from a simple simulation) I can see the version of VSM that I have? It is supposed to be V1.1.0 but I cannot see where that is stated (I attached a screen grab, I hope it is apparent). According to earlier posts this is where the version is meant to be displayed - if I understood them right. Also, I don't understand why it still talks about an X1 beta. I uninstalled the earlier version I had, downloaded and then installed this today (19 April 08).

Attachments

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This is beta 0.0.4. The files are NOT the files currently on our server, so you may be downloading the latest version but not installing in the correct place and hence still running the older version.

geoff07

Solved. After a big search, it seems that I had axevsm.dll in another directory (on a different partition) that was somehow over-riding the installation copy. Not sure how that works, but renaming it seems to have been the solution.

May I suggest that you consider putting the version number in the file name? (VSM_1_0_1 etc) Also for the programming editor. This would make tracking problems down a little easier.

I just modeled an amplitude modulator and I just love the virtual 'scope! It is uncanny to have a breadboard and real scope on one table and a simulation copying reality quite closely on the other.