Using Two Digital Inputs on a Single Picaxe

Bozambo

Bo Here Again

On page twenty three of the Logicator Manual there is a example of using three inputs on one Picaxe. I was able to follow the circuit to light two LEDs from two different inputs. However I would like to activate two somewhat more complex circuits using a single PICAXE but Iam experiencing some difficulty any help in achieving this would be greatly appriciated. The two circuits are included as attachments.
Bo.

Attachments

nick12ab

I don't fully understand what you want to do. Do you just want to power two circuits as opposed to LEDs? If yes, then just use the example code and swap out the LEDs with transistors.

Bozambo

Hi Nick

Iwas hoping I had my thoughts expressed clearly but that was not the case. So here goes:

With / On One 08M2 Picaxe

On Pin 3
1. This will be the input for Flow Sheet program A - A
2. Using the Digital Panel when you press button # 1 0UTPUT 0 goes high only ounce
3. See Attachment for Picaxe Setup.

On Pin 4

1. This will be the in Put for Flow Sheet B-B
2. Using the Digital Panel when you press button # 3 ounce one of the outputs goes high three times.
3.One of the out puts will be on at all times as an indicator light.
4. See Attachment for Picaxe Setup

Note: Two flow sheets progams is to be used on one PICAXE So you press one input and a corresponding out put goes high.
then you prsss another input and its corresponding out put goes high.

Hope this is clearer
Bo

nick12ab

Luckily the 18M2 supports multitasking so you can just put the two flowcharts in the same flowchart file and it'll work.

Bozambo

Hi Nick

It would seem as though I am using the wrong terminology which apparantely is complicating things. All I would like to do is have two Digital inputs operate two different relays. I was able to get two Outputs going high from two different Inputs. The problem I am having iapparently is due to the unusual pattern of the two procedures. In other words when one swith is closed one operation takes place , when another switch is pressed adifferent operation is executed . I hope this simplifies the situation. The two different Procedures are included as attachments above in the original post.
Thanks again
Bo

Bozambo

An example of what I want to do can be seen in : AXE 101 Cyberpet- ISIS for PICAXE VSM. I am including an attachment of it.
The exceptions are 1. Idont need the pizo sounder.
2. The Analouge input can be dispenced with but the LDR will be used to send a digital input instead.( I read that in one of the manuals )
Two inputs Two out puts. Ofcourse Iwill be replacing the LEDs with two relays. My difficulty is to incoperate the two flowsheet programs to make the relays function as they are surporsed to.See the original attachments in the first post.
Thanks Again
Bo

Bozambo

It,s Me Here again

I was just able to convert the cyberpet document into a jpeg. Document so here is it.
cyber pet printout0001.jpgACH]

Paix

@Nick, the document appears not to be a pdf, but some form of xml?

Is the OP supposed to change the file extension or anything for it to load into logicator perhaps? :)

nick12ab

@Nick, the document appears not to be a pdf, but some form of xml?

Is the OP supposed to change the file extension or anything for it to load into logicator perhaps? :)
At what point did anyone say that that was a PDF?

Logicator uses XML but with the .plf extension.

Paix

Sorry Nick, it's the eyes, the small print and lack of knowledge about Logicator file extensions.

A case of heightened imagination I suspect. Ooops :) You'll have to take my word for it that I was trying to be helpful. It just 'looked' like it said .pdf. A personal problem no doubt.

Bozambo

Hi Nick
You are asking answers. That was just what the Doctor ordered,the progam working perfectly and has met up with my expectations in every way. Iwas completely oblivious of being able to use two starts on one flow sheet, never read of it.
Thanks again.