Using suspend and resume in flowchart?

JPB33

Playing around with a very simple circuit. When the analogue sensor changes state make pins 0 or 2 high for 2 secs, go to 0 and stay there until until the sensor reverts.

Not really sure how to make it do this so I added the suspend and resume commands into the chart and it crashes continiously with the "logicator has encountered a problem" message. I cannot find a lot of info on these commands but thought they may be an easy solution?

What am I doing wrong? Running v3.6.7 19/12/12

Thanks Peter

Attachments

nick12ab

What am I doing wrong?
  • You're using suspend and resume cells in a program thaty only has one flowchart
  • You haven't specified a flowchart to suspend/resume - not that that would work anyway because there's only one flowchart
  • Your flowchart ends in a random place and doesn't go anywhere
So what do you mean by 'go to 0 and stay there'? You want the flowchart to suspend until the sensor has changed to the other state?

See the attachment.

Attachments

JPB33

Thanks for the reply, I see my mistake, I was counting them as two separates. Before posting I looked around but couldnt find any real info on the suspend/resume, perhaps I didnt look in the right place, is there a working example you can point me to?

Neat solution, exactly what I was trying to say/do! Lack of experience/imagination on my part really

Should it have crashed with what I was doing with suspend/resume?

Thanks

nick12ab

Thanks for the reply, I see my mistake, I was counting them as two separates. Before posting I looked around but couldnt find any real info on the suspend/resume, perhaps I didnt look in the right place, is there a working example you can point me to?
There is a brief description of the suspend and resume cells in the Logicator help.

A worked example of suspend/resume (in BASIC code) can be found here.

Should it have crashed with what I was doing with suspend/resume?
What I'd expect to happen is for it to show an error message specifying that either no flowchart is specified to suspend/resume or that you're not using multitasking.

However Logicator crashing seems to be quite normal now - in fact it's only been a month since you posted a thread about Logicator crashing.

JPB33

Yes I remember that crash which was quickly fixed. The resultant timer constructed with help from those posts has now been controlling my oil fired workshop heater with a simple air thermostat for a month now and is a great improvement on the "manual" method I used after the original controller died years ago.

In fact its now on warming the place up so that I can go in and make some piston rings on the lathe in comfort---many thanks to picaxe and all the help on the forum!