Using Multiple Digital Temperature Sensors with an old AXE110P Datalogger

Axminster

I have got an old AXE 110P datalogger which still works perfectly and performs temperature tracking for me and is an invaluable device.

However, I now need to measure 4 temperatures on a regular basis, and I am trying to find out if the 18X chip can preform the One Wire functions so that all of the DS18B20 sensors can be on the same wire and input pin.

This has led me to study (and marvel at ) the one wire protocol and the basic commands in pickaxe, but I have reached an obstacle in understanding.

Can anyone advise me on the feasibility of what I'm trying to do, so that I know whether to continue trying, or to find another way?

Thanks

Axminster

westaust55

No, the 18X and even a drop in 18M2 cannot handle OWin and OWout commands thus you are limited to a single 1-wire device (= DS18B20) per IO pin.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
As noted; it isn't possible to use multiple 1-wire sensors on a single pin with a PICAXE-M2 but using multiple pins should not be that problematic for most data logging applications.

Axminster

Thanks all. I am convinced that my old chip cannot do the one wire thing, but it does allow me to connect 4 temperature sensors and use the READTEMP command, which is good enough for what I want to do. I may decide to play with one wire in the future as it sounds interesting.

Ax