Use IR "clicker" to change values in 14m2

jims

I have developed a project to use IR data from a SONY TV clicker (programmed as SONY TV 5001) to change the "DUTY" values of the PICAXE 14m2 PWM commands. Three PWM outputs drive a 5 meter RGB LED strip. This strip has 300 LEDS and each color (RGB) is driven with an IRL520N MOSFET which is controlled by a PWM output from the 14m2. The LED strip is powered by a 12VDC supply separate from the 5VDC logic supply. The IR receiver is an IRL520N. Am using a PICAXE AXE133Y OLED display and miscellaneous resistors/capacitors. The project is presently "bread boarded" on a PICAXE AXE Development Board and it works very well.
I recently purchased a license for the PICAXE VSM software ( very impressive package). Want to put this design into VSM so that I can eventually get a good schematic and put it into a format so I can have a PC board built.
Problem is that I can't figure out how to get the IR data into the 14m2. Can't find an IR receiver, and can't figure out how to input simulated IR data.
My code was developed on the PICAXE Programming Editor and it runs very well.
Maybe someone out there can steer me in the right direction. I will appreciate any assistance the someone can give me.

jims

Thanks for the fast response. I was wondering about doing that. It makes good sense & I'll give it a try. Just downloaded this app to my ipad and am sending this response from the tablet. Jim's