USA Source for LDRs?

LightGuy

Hi all,

It seems that every single Google hit for ORP-12 is for a UK based source.

What do us Yanks call it and where can I find one? I've looked for "photocell" and everything else I can imagine. The only hit in Mouser's catalog is the one sold for the Basic Stamp.

Is http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=856-TSL12S-LF just a more advanced component? Honestly, I wouldn't mind something as simple as an LDR, though!

andrewpro

Try Jameco. I get a lot of stuff from them and they're always fantastic. If you don't see what you want, give them a call. It's entirely possible they have it or can get it for you.

--Andy P

The tsl-12s seems very sensitive in bright light, consider a very dark filter if used in this environment. The tsl-14s seems more suited to bright or high ambient light conditions. Note: this is just a short subjective test. If you need just a day/night sensor then just about any ldr is going to work. You wont find any of the old style cds ldr's at the major part houses because of non-RoHs compliance?

LightGuy

I think I like the price of the ones on eBay the best. :)

I tried Newark last night before posting the question, but their site wouldn't respond to any search requests.

Thanks, guys!