UNIO Support on X2s

Wrenow

My ears perked up when I noticed that the new UNIO one-wire eeprom chips were supported by the X2. Frankly, these were new to me, so I poked around a bit. Apparently the UNIO one-wire standard is intended for more than just memory.

Anyone know if such things as ADC's temperature sensors. etc. are yet available and/or supported in this new protocol?

Cheers,

Wreno

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I got the impression UNI/O was primarily designed for memory ( and described as such in USPTO patent 7,376,020 ) though, like Dallas 1-wire, there seems to be no reason it couldn't be used for non-memory peripherals. Even if the protocol is memory-only oriented most peripherals can be mapped onto a memory model to become accessible. I don't know of anything but a near dozen UNI/O products announced by Microchip, all memory storage devices.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The UNI/O datasheets for the EEPROM devices clearly imply that there will be different families of devices, with %10100000 used as the family code for EEPROM devices. However we are not aware of any others yet.