Two Wire Data & Clock to One Wire circuit?

premelec

Is there a simple external circuit to convert Data + Clock pins to one pin... and back to data & clock on external device. Sort of every time data pin changes clock pulse follows fast enough to catch the data [on 2 wire external device]. Maybe just a small capacitor and diode?? Slow is ok... immediate use is to drive 4 LED TM1637 display with one pin... also considering erco's pulse fed voltmeter circuit numeric display .... ;-0
[ https://picaxeforum.co.uk/threads/1-digital-voltmeter-becomes-one-pin-led-display.27594/#post-284989 ]

Last edited:

papaof2

I might able to build something with multiple chips but I don't immediately see an easy way to put data and clock on the same wire and take them off at the other end. Pulse between 0.5 and 1.5 volts is clock (1.0v +/- 0.5v). Pulse between 2.0 and 3.0 volts is data (2.5v +/- 0.5v). Decoding chip sleeps until first clock pulse is received. Need some way of knowing how many clock/data pulses comprise a valid "signal" and a chip to split the pulses into two wires at the receiving end A bit beyond my tired mind right now.

premelec

OK... I consider a delay one shot pulse whenever the data line is called... however that's another complexity - probably just need to use 14M2 instead of 08M2...