Trying to track down a supplier of tracks in australia

D n T

I would like to build a tracked remote robot, I cant find tracks for it, I've though about making my own but I thought it would be easier to buy them because suplliers might also have the idler, drive and other gears required to mount them.

By the way the beast will be about 400mm wide, 650mm long ( the golden ratio)and about 250mm high, just the chassis (that ratio again) and weigh about 25 kg.
The drive system and chassis design will allow it to carry an adult at just above walking speed ( me). At the moment the design uses inflateble wheels.

I have considered using toothed belts inside out and even Gilmer belts ( a petrol head thing) but the width and the tooth size/design are not right and the belts are not designed to be inside out, the only belt i found that had teeth on both sides was about 6 feet long and was for a ferrari, making the cost a problem.

Can anyone help me track down some tracks etc.

BeanieBots

I don't have any specific link to hand but I do know that there is a large RC tank community out there. They range from 12" Tamiya kits to $$$$ 1/4 scale shell firing monsters. As with any Hobby grade kit, all parts are available seperately. Do a Google on "RC Tank" and you are bound to find something.
I did a similar project many years ago and simply used an RC tank chassis.