Towers of Hanoi Revisited

Bill.b

This is my adaption of Rick100's Tower of Hanoi program from 2011.
I have updated the original 08M program to run on a 08M2 also I had to modify the lookup tables for the servo position to suit my arrangement.
As all components are 3d printed I can supply the STL files if required.

hamoi4.jpg

Bill

Rick100

Hello Bill,
I've been away from the forum for awhile. I check back in every so often to see what kind of trouble erco's getting into:). Glad to see you were able to make a 3d printed version of it. It was a challenge getting it into 256 bytes. Can't believe it's been 10 years since I build it. What 3D cad software to you use? I got into 3d printing several years ago and have posted several projects on Thingiverse.
I use Fusion 360. I have a newer Youtube channel where I demonstrate what I'm working on.
I've been designing and building single motor steerable toys lately. I'm considering making a Picaxe version of the IR controller for the one I'm working on now. Is there a much interest in 3d printed projects on the Picaxe forum? Do you share your designs on Thingiverse or the other 3d printing project sites?
Thanks for showing your project. I got a kick out of it.
Rick

Bill.b

Hi Rick

I used the simple microsoft 3d modeler that comes with win 10. I also use FreeCad sometimes.

I have an Ender 3 printer that I have greatly modified over the past 2 years. :- 32bit main board, microswiss direct drive, graphic display, BlTouch and a raspberry pi running Octoprint.

This is the bot car I am building. When completed I will post all info.

Bill

Rick100

Hello Bill,
I've never used the microsoft 3d modeler to design anything. I tried Freecad but it was very frustrating. My original printer is a FlogerTech 2020. It has been heavily modified. It looks terrible and sounds worse but it prints great. I just bought an Ender 3 V2 Pro 2 months ago. I use a Cura profile referred to in a Makers Muse video. It's slow but the prints look great. I'm thinking about putting a Bigtreetech board in it just to make firmware upgrades easier. That's a lot of sensors on your car.

Rick

Bill.b

Hi Rick

I am using BigtreeTech Skr mini E3 V2 board in the Ender 3, very quiet, + the TFT35 V3 display. I have the E3 turbo board but had several issues with it and octoprint. I to use Cura V4.8.

The car has several modes -
1. free roam
2. bluetooth remote control.
3. light follower.
4. light avoidence
5. Line follower - fast of slow mode.
6. Follow Me Mode
7. Wall follower.
8. Teach and playback.
Also has video camera with pan and tilt with 5.8 MHz tx.
MP3 voice.
40X2 is the main controller with 3 14M2s, 1 18M2 and one 08M2. digital compass and OLED display

Bill

Last edited:

lbenson

My, but you do good work. I do see by your Revision list that it is a multi-year piece of work. That's a relief.

Rick100

That schematic is very impressive. How does follow me mode work. I built a replacement remote transmitter for the Robie Jr. It had a follow me mode but that remote transmitter used ultrasonic sound. The robot had ultrasonic sensors in it's shoulders. I assumed it used the time difference for the received sound to aim the robot. I just reproduced the output of an original transmitter I had. I will replace my Ender 3 board with a Bigtreetech board. First, I have to do some more research.

Rick

Bill.b

The bigtreetech e3 V2 works great in my ender 3 It has the same footprint as the creality board with the addition of sockets for a BLTouch bed leveler
and the bigtreetech smart filament sensor.

This is the code for slot 2 of the 40x2 which includes the follow me routine.

Bill

Attachments

erco

REALLY neat, Bill! I'm impressed with your arm's consistency. I've built a few of these, and you quickly learn that the claw moves in an arc, while the pegs are straight, so the disks don't always line up. Video below shows one I made in 2015 with a $1 kids grabber and an 08M2. You and I both sharpened our peg tops to a pencil point to help alignment!

Last edited:

erco

I almost forgot about this one I did last year with a mobile robot (Parallax S3) just pivoting in place. Rear batteries are just to counterbalance that heavy metal claw. BTW those work pretty well and are widely available on Ebay. I've bought plenty of these for under $5 but the cheapest I can find now at a quick look is ~$7 shipped: https://www.ebay.com/itm/183429399842 Shop around!

Last edited: