This may be useful for remote support

craigcurtin

Guys,

We use this free app with a lot of our computer customers to take remote control of their systems for diagnosis and fault rectification.

It is cross platform - some of the older heads may like to add this to their arsenal rather than go backwards are forwards 27 times over the phone or through emails/forums suggestions

www.teamviewer.exe

This needs no chaneges to firewalls or nework setups at each end of the link

regards

Craig

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Works behind firewalls - The major difficulties in using remote control software are firewalls and blocked ports, as well as NAT routing for local IP addresses. If you use TeamViewer you don't have to worry about firewalls: TeamViewer will find a route to your partner.

Would be interesting to see if it can without any user intervention, and as a test for a rather glaring failure in the firewall regime :)

jaka

Our I.T. guy uses log me in.

Is this the same sort of thing.

He seems to be able to take control of any computer from 100 miles away.

Just out of interest.

Jamster

What about remote desktop connection (start...all programs...acsessories...remote desktop connection)?

seems rubbish though

Last edited:

Marcwolf

Very easy to install, very easy to use. We have some XP Embedded process controllers and I can use Teamviewer to pop on when the user is having difficulty.
It even works when one of our sales team is out and about with their laptop

Upon installation each computer is given a unique ID and a password. The user can then give this number to TechSupport and the password and the support can then work on the machine.

grean product.
Dave