Thinking of purchasing Picaxe VSM

CDRIVE

Simple question. If I purchase this product does it require periodic renewal costs? I have no issue with the purchase cost but I simply refuse to purchase something that requires renewal costs, because that's essentially what a rental is.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Once you have purchased the software it works forever. You also get one year of free updates from date of purchase.

If you want to download new updates after 1 year you can pay a small fee, currently £15, to carry on downloading new updates. But this is in no way compulsary, you can carry on using the old version if you want.

CDRIVE

Well I purchased the Picaxe VSM right after my question was answered here. That was 3 days ago. Still no license key and not even a reply to my queries from them. I think I made a big mistake! The website says that they process orders during business hours only. What the hell are typical business hours in the UK?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The original code was emailed to you one hour after we opened on Monday
Tuesday 11th at 10.10
You then emailed us again and we replied, again with the code,
Wednesday 12th at 12:55

We have also sent out other codes to other people at the same time and had no other issues, so there is clearly an issue with your email or ISP. Please check your spam folders carefully. Alternately email us with a different (non-bellsouth) email address to use.

Last edited:

CDRIVE

Thank you for the quick reply. I've sent another email to techsupplies which included an alternate email address.

Please accept my apologies for my rant. I'm just very anxious and am looking forward to playing with the simulator this weekend.

papaof2

Alternately email us with a different (non-bellsouth) email address to use.
Just an FYI. Bellsouth email became much less useful when AT&T bought them a while back and moved all the users to mail.att.yahoo.com.

Had I wanted Yahoo email, I could have gotten it for free...

John

CDRIVE

The original code was emailed to you one hour after we opened on Monday
Tuesday 11th at 10.10
You then emailed us again and we replied, again with the code,
Wednesday 12th at 12:55

We have also sent out other codes to other people at the same time and had no other issues, so there is clearly an issue with your email or ISP. Please check your spam folders carefully. Alternately email us with a different (non-bellsouth) email address to use.
I received the Key Generator in my Yahoo mail and I ran it. It installed the key in my registry with no errors. However, when I run ISIS For Picaxe I get this prompt: "USC Expired"
"Your customer key for Proteus Lite has expired".
Please explain what may have happend or what I should do.
Thanks.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Sorry - this was an error on our part, a new key has been sent to you. The expiry date was acccidentally set to 2010 rather than 2011 by the operator who keyed in your code.

CDRIVE

Sorry - this was an error on our part, a new key has been sent to you. The expiry date was acccidentally set to 2010 rather than 2011 by the operator who keyed in your code.
Thanks for the reply. I ran the new key gen but I'm getting the same results. When I'm in the .lxk and hover over the new key, it says Expiry date 11/5/2010. I was hoping to resolve this issue before the weekend but guess I'll have to live with it until Monday.

Thanks again.