The software wont work... No Com ports apparently.

Baggy2

I have a Windows Xp *shudders* block with 2 perfectly opperational Com ports. I have not yet recived my PICAXE but I have installed the programming application, only to find it doesnt recognise the COM ports. They work fine, accordin to XP. I cannot get past the "initialising" screen. "No serial ports avalable. Please close any application using the serial ports" or something to that effect.

PLEASE HELP A BEGINNER!

Baggy2

Correction: I do now have my Picaxem and it still does not work when plugged in. I really need help! Some one please help me or I may just loose hope for me and my PIC16F627A!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It sounds like some other software is already using the serial port. The main usual culprits are 'synchronistaion' software for PDAs, whiteboards or mobile phones (e.g. Palm Hotsync). Make sure you have shut these down first - they often have an icon in the task bar.

Also make suer you are using the 'PICAXE Programming Editor' software, not the Serial PIC programmer software. You should have a Programming Editor shortcut on the desktop or in the Program Files>Revolution Education shortcut.