The Home Automation Wireless Project

rbright

Wot.... No All Singing GUI as well ????

Dr you have done it again with this excellent example of what can be done with Picaxe. Thanks for your generosity in sharing this project with us. This is what forums are all about. Well done.

P.S So what's the next stage of development ? perhaps a nice graphic display of digital and analog values.

I'll second what rbright said! I've been following your progress on this project...congratulations :) Thank you very much for sharing!

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
A lot of fuss about nothing I say.

But you know I'm kidding. I cannot say I've always been able to follow what you've been doing exactly but it's been great to see it all come together and as such an impressive setup which works. There's been some tricky challenges in getting PICAXE's to work as a mesh and you've show great perseverance and determination. I know how hard it is to work with an asynchronous system, then when you've finished, the code looks so simple people cannot understand what was so hard about that. Seriously well done.

BeckettM

Nice work Dr A. :)

Looks very interesting, and suitable for various applications , including some around here.

I was interested in your comments on your site about picaxe driving AC loads, and wondered if you had ever used Opto Couplers.

We used the 3021 version driving triacs, but "sucked" out the gate of the triac into the load side of the triac, with much better success than simply driving it ON.

Cheers
Mark

nbw

Good work Dr_Ac! Strewth cobber, she looks a bit dry in the photos. Didn't spot that koala neither.

nbw

p.s. Dr_Ac, I looked at Topcities and thought it might be a good place for me to sign up for a free website. I seemed to get a bit lost in the process - even though I selected FREE,FREE,FREE it wanted my credit card details... did you have a similar problem? Any help / thoughts much appreciated. cheers

dreamer

http://drvernacula.topcities.com/home_automation_wireless_project.htm

Complete writeup, picaxe code, vb.net code, photos, examples of it working. Enjoy!
Hi Dr, have you looked at using cheap UHF trancievers from Jaycar?
These will go 3-5klm. you will need ones with ext mic input such as the DC1023.

There has been talk about using CB's to transmit data as being illegal?
If you are only sending short burst of data and looking at your pictures there doesn't look to be too many other people around to be to care that you maybe jamming the channel they want to use.
Anyway just a thought.