Tea alarm?

rossko57

Yes, I saw that. I figured it needs some "contents sensing" - weight operated switch? Fluid detecting electrodes? Some kind of non-intrusive sensing - ultrasonics? Maybe if the whole gubbins were enclosed in rubber puck that could detached from the bottom of the mug; no wash-up problems, no coasters needed neither :)

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, I saw that. I figured it needs some "contents sensing" - weight operated switch? Fluid detecting electrodes? Some kind of non-intrusive sensing - ultrasonics?
Or simply have the sensor ( which has to measure temperature anyway ), measure temperature.

When tea and hot water are added temperature will go way above ambient so it knows it's loaded with hot char and can then run until the 'drink me, I'm over here' temperature alarm goes off, or until the tea is drunk and the temperature drops back to ambient when it turns itself off.

You could add a tilt switch to tell if the mug has been picked up and some drinking is taking place to delay the alarm and/or aid 'it's been drunk' determination.