SynchroLights

69-cat

Hello all...are there any Picaxe hacks for the RGB SynchroLight strings? I am asking because Home Depot is selling them for 5.99 for a 12 light string. I opened a box, 3 wires between lamps with a pre programmed pod at the front of the string.
Dave

69-cat

Sorry, I have to correct myself, the last light has 3 wires, the rest of the lights have 4 wires. I will get a photo out to you forum in the AM. Long day here for me.'
Dave

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
are there any Picaxe hacks for the RGB SynchroLight strings?
Not that I am aware of and they don't seem to get any mention elsewhere either.

The best approach may be to grab a set, figure out which cables are power and which are data, hook up a logic analyser and try and figure out the protocol.

There's a good chance they are WSxxxx based which won't be easily usable with a PICAXE and, if they buy enough, they could even use a proprietary design or protocol.

newplumber

Hi Dave ...
Sorry, I have to correct myself, the last light has 3 wires, the rest of the lights have 4 wires. I will get a photo out to you forum in the AM. Long day here for me.'
Dave
Just making sure your "long day" is soon to be over...:) but still would be cool to see what led strings you have
and you could just find a website that sells the same ones

your friend
me

69-cat

20171227_233209.jpg20171227_233224.jpg

4 wire sockets "2 in, 2 out" in the middle of the string and the 3 wire sockets are the lead and tail end of the strings.
Dave

newplumber

Thanks for the pics Dave ...I'm thinking those lights are not individually controlled... or are they?