SX1276 E32-915T20D LORA Command Format

premelec

I have obtained 2 Ebyte E32-915T20D LORA modules to try establish a basic data link through some obstacles over about 1/2 KM. The manual seems pretty thorough... however if I'll need to change command format I'm not clear on the instructions to do this. See attached picture of this part of the manual. Are the C0 C1 etc items decimal 192-195?. They aren't explicitly labeled $ or 0x and don't correspond to items in the SX1276 data sheet [but the module uses a micro driver so this can be expected]. If you have had experience with this module I'd appreciate your comment - thanks. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The E32-915T20D datasheet I found online suggests they are hexadecimal byte values. The information following that table gives examples and describes the commands in more detail, including that they are hexadecimal values, eg "Default Parameter Value : C0 00 00 1A 17 44".

http://www.ebyte.com/en/downpdf.aspx?id=132

premelec

Thanks all for that confirmation of HEX - it'll be a while before I try it out... need to work up hardware and code. 🙂

mortifyu

Hello,

The E-Byte modules are really good tucker. I do have experience with them and PICAXE, however I have never needed to alter the module's settings programmatically.

Earlier this year I purchased some serial controlled MP3 players that had similar looking requirements to operate them.

Here is an image of one of the instruction pages...
Screenshot YS-M3A3 Instructions.png

This is some of the code that worked for me...
Code:
serout AUD_DAT,baud,($FD,$03,$31,b5,$DF)
The b5 variable (second last entry) is so I can alter the volume value programmatically.

To do this a MACRO was required.

Here is the MACRO code...
Code:
#MACRO Bin2bcd1(val)       
b5 = val/10*16           
val = val // 10 + b5      
#ENDMACRO

Although I am unsure this info will help, I hope it is of value to you.

In the meantime if I get the chance, I'll try programmatically making changes to an E-Byte E32-TTL-100 module I have here.

Regards,
Mort.

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
To do this a MACRO was required.
I am not sure it would be. That routine seems to be converting decimal to BCD.

This seems to be a typical confusion which arises around the phrase "send as hexadecimal". Hexadecimal is not a data format, it is merely a representation of a binary value when written.

"Send as hexadecimal" usually means send a binary value which can be specified in a hexadecimal format because that is convenient to use. It does not usually mean convert a decimal number to BCD.

A decimal number is already hexadecimal, also binary, quaternary, octal and ASCII character as well. So it can usually be sent 'as is' without needing to be converted to anything else.

mortifyu

I don't want to get off on a different tangent to this thread, but I found I needed to send the value as '$xx' and the only way I could see to do that was the conversion. It work perfectly like this. Without the conversion and just putting the variable in failed.

Regards,
Mort.