Squeezing a Picaxe for all it's Worth! (For Kayaks)

mikeyBoo

This is a project I did last winter: A kayak control system: The little Picaxe-20M2 is controlling the speed, direction, & lighting on my yak (I've enjoyed it all summer).
Note the OLED display. Picaxe, the little chip that could!
(albeit I squeezed the memory for all it's worth)
Now, if I can only put GPS auto-control on it so I can take a nap coming back in!

http://nativeownersgroup.com/topic/4820-using-trolling-motor-on-mariner/

Last edited by a moderator:

Goeytex

Looks like a very nice project. However, I cannot access the attachments on the link without registering, which I am not going to do.

There is a Finished Projects Section here where you can showcase your completed projects. Possibly you could post there and add the attachments so that folks could see your project without having to register on yet another forum

lbenson

I second the suggestion that you write up the project for the picaxe Finished Projects Section. I'd also like to see your setup and details without having to register (site says you must register to post, but even pics won't come up without it asking you to register).

I got about an hours worth of power from my 8Ah 12V SLA with an ancient trolling motor on my pokeboat kayak under picaxe pwm control. I did not get much thrust except when full on--but that may be down to my motor (and an over-the-side motor attachment).

Regarding having filled up the 20M2, did you use the second slot (available with PE6)?

Would also recommend that you add "(for kayak)" to the thread title.

mikeyBoo

Guys, I apologize.
Had no idea the .jpg pics in my post (at the Native... site) wouldn't show up. I'll write it up & post it as a project.
All the code fit in 2k (I'll include it with my project).