speed of song search

topicaxe

With a VMusic2 with, say, 500 songs on the usb stick, how quickly could one search, for example, song number 400 having finished playing song number 100?.

nick12ab

With a VMusic2 with, say, 500 songs on the usb stick, how quickly could one search, for example, song number 400 having finished playing song number 100?.
You mean go from one track to another which is specified by number? The Vmusic2 appears to only be able to play a track by name and not by number unless the file names are numbers, in which case it would be very quick.

If you had to skip to the next track 300 times to get to the right one, then it would take a while depending on the speed of the pen drive.

topicaxe

I mean the file names are numbers - in numerical order. So if one played song 100.mp3 and wanted the next song played to be 400.mp3 , how long would it take to search out song 400.mp3 ? Half a minute perhaps?.

nick12ab

I mean the file names are numbers - in numerical order. So if one played song 100.mp3 and wanted the next song played to be 400.mp3 , how long would it take to search out song 400.mp3 ? Half a minute perhaps?.
I don't own a Vmusic2, but I know it isn't a cassette tape so you won't have to wait for it to 'fast-forward' to a particular track, and any MP3 player where you have to wait half a minute to find a particular song is a bit rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator: