Sound command

ccdubs

Hi All,

I am wanting to try and use the sound command to emit sounds at prescribed frequencies.

Can anyone provide a table or formula or the like so that I can determine output frequency from the "note" input parameter of the function.

Many thanks.

inglewoodpete

A search of the forum archives came up with the following: <A href='http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/forum/Topic.asp?topic_id=5911&amp;forum_id=29&amp;Topic_Title=Playing%2Ba%2Bnote%2B%252E%252E%252Ethe%2Bhard%2Bway%2B%253F%2521&amp;forum_title=No+new+posts+please%21+21' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>

It contains a wealth of PICAXE sound frequency info. Hope it helps.

ccdubs

Thanks for the reply. I had read this post and apart from confusing me I don't think it gave me the answer is was looking for.

The Picaxe manual refers to ascending tones but doesn't quantify what tone it starts at or the increment.

bgrabowski

E-mail me at bgrabowski(at)talk21.com and I will send you a spreadsheet which gives the frequencies and notes for sound values 1-127.

ccdubs

Thanks very much for sending the file it will help me out a lot.

Perhaps Rev-ed can publish this info in the documentation somewhere as it isn't the first time this qst has been asked.

Cheers