Sony Handycam dcr sr82

r1erick2

Hi, I would like to try to communicate my Handycam sony DCR-SR82 with picaxe IR, I used irin and debug to check code, are 27 and 26 in the zoom, I used serout sending these codes and does not work, any help about it?, Thank you.

inglewoodpete

While the SerOut command can sent async serial data, it connot emulate the Sony IR protocol.

You may be able to send commands to the camera using a "bit-banged" method but you will need to know the pulse pattern that your camera is expecting.

AllyCat

Hi,

So presumably you have a working Remote Transmitter and want to reproduce its IR Codes with a PICaxe? Otherwise you/we will need a link to the Sony's IR protocol codes!

Note that the Sony IR protocol Uses 12 bits, and the PICaxe's IROUT command (NOT SEROUT) can Transmit them, BUT the PICaxe's IRIN command Receives only 7 bits, I believe assumed to be associated with a "TV" Remote Control. Therefore, you may need to try adding any of the other 31 possible "System" (or Device) control codes (i.e. all the permutations of 5 bits). Or, try reading the full 12-bit code using my CODE SNIPPET.

Cheers, Alan.

r1erick2

thank you guys, I found something about LANC communication sounds great, I looked here in the forum for something about it, I'll try something.