something for the more advnced

Dippy

Nice , but been done several times by PICAXERs.

Search on 'Persistence' or, for those who can't spell, 'persistance' (!! spelling / searching...)
Good old POV eh?

Tom2000

The coolest POV app I've seen was back in 2002.

The Newman-Haas CART team added a POV arrangement to their rear wheel hubs. I don't know how long they used it, but it wasn't very long. (I saw it at the Portland race, and don't really recall seeing it before or after that.)

There it was... da Matta and Christian Fittipaldi rolling by at about 200 mph, displaying beer ads on their rear hubs!

That was one very bad idea that, thankfully, went where all bad ideas should go.

But it was cool at the time, if nothing else for its novelty.

Tom

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I built a simple POV using an 08M and just three LED's ( one common R ). Not brilliant for text but it showed pretty patterns, square waves, ramps, etc. Synchronisation shouldn't be a problem but even without any waving across your vision is good enough to test and go "wow" - one of the words it could display :)

A superb little project for anyone with a breadboard and a few spare minutes with nothing better to do.

Tom2000

Trying to think of a good POV app... hmmm....

Lessee... maybe a glove with a row of 7 LEDs up one of its fingers.

The user could extend that finger, wave the hand, and display an appropriate POV message.

:)

Tom

Dippy

How about a rotating bow tie?
Or on the wheels of your bicycle saying "I'm green and very smug about it!"