Some interesting new servos

Wrenow

http://www.strikemodels.com/products/servos/ has just started carrying some very interesting new servos, including a sail-winch (multi-turn) servo in the size format of a regular, standard size servo (most sail-winch servos are much larger). He also has a truly tiny metal-geared servo that looks very interesting. His e-commerce is not up yet, so you would have to email him to order.

He is also a source in the US for MTroniks ESCs.

I can see the micro servo in several small projects where size is at a premium. A very different mounting system, too.

Cheers,

Wreno

Wrenow

Those Micron servos are, indeed, tiny and light. Good find. But the larger one is not a lot smaller than the microservo from Strike, which does have a case to protect the gear train. And standard plugs.

It is interesting that the Microns use a hall-effect positioning system - they may be more water indifferent than ones using pots (if you coat the electronics). Buyt those open gears looks awfully susceptible to debris jams in uses other than flight.....

Cheers,

Wreno

Marcwolf

Micro Winch Servo's

ARRGGGHHH!!!

What I had to go through to make my own mini-winch servos and now someone has them...

Ah Well..
Dave

Wrenow

Dave,

Talking to Stephen, he indicated they may be able to do some microservos in winch style if there is sufficient demand. e has a close relationship with the manufacturer. He also has a source for some particularly tiny geared moters, but does not stock them yet.

His micro-wing servos that attach with a 1/16" swivel pin through one end are pretty interesting, too, but the particular "brilliant" use of them is stuck on the tip of a neuron somewhere and won't surface. Sigh. I am sure it will pop up soon.

Speaking of microservos, my son has an ultra-light indoor flyer that has open gear servos like Micron's, but I think may be even smaller. I cannot hardly see them clearly without my reading glasses...... Amazing what is an some of the tiny planes and cars nowadays. In fact, look at the size of this small line following car - http://dvice.com/archives/2010/02/draw-a-line-doo.php basically a very small line following robot. Amaxing source or platform to begin with that is only USD$15.

Cheers,

Wreno