Sojourner

EDFjet

Hey Everybody,

I thought id start this thread on my latest project. I havnt messed around with the picaxe microcontrollers since 2008 so i have to remember eveything before i really get started. So, the robot im building is a smaller scale version of the Sojourner Rover. If you dont know what that is, its the small rover that was part of the Pathfinder Mission to Mars. More information about it is here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Pathfinder

I was planning to use the Picaxe 40X2 in the TQFP package.

The bot will feature 6 wheel drive, using 6 independand gear motors on each wheel. I have a video telemetry system set up too my laptop, but i am thinking about setting up a real time control method using a radio link to the picaxe, and control the rover with my laptops keyboard. Still only a thought at the moment, i know its possible with an Arduino, but not sure about the PICAXE.

The rover will be Solar Powered, so it wont have too many gadgets, just the essentials. I recall a radio transmitter and receiver being avaliable for the picaxe? Im not sure where i saw the diagrams of how its interfaced with the picaxe.

Anyway ill update this as i go on.

Liam

westaust55

Albeit that you have been a member since 2008, since the above is your first ever post, Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

Sounds like an interesting project. I am sure many here will be interest in following your progress.

Keep in mind that this is the Finished Projects area and therefore while a great place to post informat on what you ahve done/completed, for your questions, if any, you will do better to post in the active forum area.

Last edited: