SoftStart-Stop With FRM050 Pwm Driver

ernest

Hello all , I would like to ask a question about FRM050 PWM driver as used with L293D motor driver.
Can FRM050 be programmed to create SoftStart/Stop? If it can a bit of code would be much appreciated.
Thanks Brian

cactusface

Hi Ernest,
I have only used the FRM050 and L293 together once, it works fairly well. a lot is down to the motors used and the load, very cheap ones not working very well. The motors will not run on the full range of PWM you get dead zones at both ends, it's a matter of experimenting a bit, and who do'sent like a bit of experimenting? You can get the motors to more or less soft start and stop it's just a matter of finding the right settings, there are points when the motors just jitter or hum, Give it a try! I'd like to hear how you go.:eek:
Regards
Mel.

Goeytex

Can FRM050 be programmed to create SoftStart/Stop?
I don't see where the FRM can be programmed at all. However the controlling Picaxe could be programmed to do a soft start/stop.
Just make a loop that slows it down over time using pulsout .

General Example for soft stop:
Code:
For b0  = current_speed to 50 step -1
pulsout 4, b0
pause 100
next b0
let pins = %00000000  'stop

Last edited:

ernest

Hi Goeytex
Thanks you for your post with pulsout for SoftStart ,I will certainly play with it ,thanks.
I have created my own Pulsout SoftStart/Stop ,changing the value of pulsout and pause, as I watch a
Voltmeter rise and fall, it works very well for my 12volt motors.
It`s just that I thought with FRO050 there maybe be some advantage in being able to change the
example speed control program that comes with FRO050, to SoftStart.
I think maybe I will give up on FRO050 and stick with Pulsout.
Thanks
Regards Brian