Small rf transmitter ?

tmack

I have a small transmitter that is part of a wireless motion sensor. THe markings on the transmitting side are 016-617tx-020r I cant find anything on it on the net. It has three connections going to the rest of the circuit. Two of which are joined by a tiny capacitor the third one isnt. Any ideas on how I can hack the transmitter without killing it?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Three legs, so the obvious guess is : 0V, +V and Input. I'd say it would also be a good guess that the capacitor goes across 0V and +V. The first thing to do is get a meter and measure continuity from any obvious looking 0V and +V lines to the transmitter, that should confirm the two power rails and which is which. Once you have 0V and +V identified, measure the voltage across those pins.

Ideally a scope on the lines referenced to 0V saves a lot of work and you'll quickly find what voltages it is working with.

manuka

212: Your image certainly looks like a cheapie UHF transmitter- probably 433MHz. The initial item queried however may well be IR based however, responding by reflection.

manuka

I can't quite follow- do you have one already or want one? 433MHz tx/rx offerings abound of course & are near perfect mates for simple PICAXE wireless data work.

jmayeur

Has anyone gotten this RF board to work ? I also have this DriveWay Alert which has the extra board. I want to remove the RF part and drive it directly with a N.O. switch. I measured 8.5 volts on the "+" and "-" but the 3rd pin also has "-" all of the time.

levent

The two terminals connected with the capacitors are the power terminals of the transmitter. One of them being ground and the other one being some positive voltage. The capacitors are connected with the power lines to reduce any noise. Now the third line is probably the signal in from the motion sensor. When movement is detected, the motion sensor sends a pulse or some sort of signal to the transmitter which it then transmits in the given bandwidth with the provided signal power. It's not a very complicated one in my opinion, seeing as it is a UHF transmitter

surface mount assembly

Last edited: