Simulating inputs

Technoman

Hi,

At home, I can use the function keys F2 to F9 to simulate simultaneous inputs, but not at school on any computer. What could be the reason of that?

nick12ab

How am I supposed to know?

What version do the school computers have installed?
Do they have laptops/keyboards where the function keys are 'reassigned' to 'other stuff' by default and you have to hold down the Fn key to use them as F keys?

Technoman

The latest version has been installed (version 3 build 6.7).

The pc are basic Dell desktop computers : no Fn key.

No function key is supposed to be reassigned or there is no indication of it.

I suppose that Logicator is assigning the function keys to the simulated inputs while its starts...

Technoman

Have you made sure that you have started the simulation before pressing the F keys?
Yes, I did.

Is it possible that the system is preventing writing/reading a file containing the assignments? We did have some trouble, last year, related to the access of some files.

nick12ab

Is it possible that the system is preventing writing/reading a file containing the assignments? We did have some trouble, last year, related to the access of some files.
Do other keyboard shortcuts work? Like the stupid assignment of Alt+F4 to check the syntax? Or does Alt+F4 close the program or do nothing?

Technoman

The case is getting more complicated ; it works perfectly with some students.
I will meet the ones concerned by the problem on next week. That lead me to think of a network access rights issue.