Simple LAN

tmack

I was surprised by a package in the mail today. It was my Simple Lan from AVCom. http://www.avcomtec.com/product.sc?productId=1. I can't wait to try and get it online tomorrow. Then I have to figure out how to send rs232 over it so that I can control pan, tilt , robot functions etc.Cant wait to get started. I probly use an 18x first and try and get 8 leds to turn on and off.

tmack

Steliosm, I have the unit set up and I can access it over my LAN. I was able to change my password but I cannot seem to change my Ip address in the settings tab. I am wondering if I can set it up so that I can access it over the web? If so Are there certain ports that I need to forward or what not. I haven't been able to find anything on that in the manuals. Thanks for any help.

steliosm

If you are able to use the 'find' function, then the module works ok.
When you set the IP address in the tab and press 'Save Configuration' do you get any messages back? Have you unchecked the DHCP option?

steliosm

No, I'm afraid you cannot change the web port.
The other way to communicate with the device is to use UDP packets at port 22002.

tmack

I am wondering If I can use something like visual basic to send rs232 commands to my simple Lan. So I can press a button on my computer side and have a picaxe get the rs232 code and make a pin go high on the receiving side.

steliosm

You could also try to make an HTML Web Form that you can use to control the PIcAxe behind the SImpleLan. It's a bit easier that playing around with UDP, but there are only 31Kbytes available for HTML pages in the SImpleLan.