Simple Lan group buy

steliosm

Let's just put down here the number of modules that we would like to buy from Avcom and see if we can get a discount.

Nickname / No. of Modules.

Steliosm: 2
Dr_Acula: 2
Mora(99): 4
brietech: 2
lbenson: 2
Craig: 2
mikek: 1 or 2
sedeap: 2
-----------------
Total: 17 or 18

(...We are almost there...)

Last edited:

steliosm

The items will be shipped directly from Avcom (USA).
The one I bought a few weeks ago got here (Greece) by airmail parcel (no UPS).

steliosm

The price now is $30. What we are trying to do is gather a quantity of device required and ask a quote from Avcom.

I'm trying to find a previous post regarding to SimpleLan group buy but I couldn't find anything. I'm afraid posts from the old 'Temp Forum' are not transferred to this new forum. Another Picaxe fellow started a thread about this and I can't find it. He had a discussion with Avcom about this.

craigcurtin

Any more news on this group buy ?

Just wondering if we think this is going to happen or should i look at purchasing directly ?

regards
Craig

steliosm

I'm afraid we didn't came up with a good number in order for us to ask for a discount on the SimpleLan.
I would propose to go ahead and buy your stuff directly.

andrew_qld

I'm afraid we didn't came up with a good number in order for us to ask for a discount on the SimpleLan.
I would propose to go ahead and buy your stuff directly.
How many do we need? And how many do we have? I just bought 3 site players but i'm interested in 2 or 3 if it will help

steliosm

We didn't reach a good summary in order to ask for a discount.
Unless we are willing to wait a couple more weeks we can still try to raise as much orders as possible and have a go with the SimpleLan guys.

As MORA99 said, $30 seems pretty cheap already, considering that those device DO play nicely with the PicAxe chips.