Siemens A55/C55 LCD graphics display

westaust55

ok thanks.
So I can't see why my 3310 code doesn't work, since my supply voltage is 2,59V (a 3,3V regulator + diode).
Does your processor have built in serial interface that you're using(SPI)? My code has just some loops to write dserial data.
While the PICAXE 40X1 I was using does have hardware SPI, I used a bit-bashed interface since we also need to control the other gLCD module pins.

Have a look at the information in posts 6 and 9 relating to the hardware aspects of the interface - I did subsequently buy a 74LVC245A chip and remove the resistor based potential dividers on the 74HC245 inputs mentioned in post 9.

The program listing in post 10 at the top in the remarks gives the connection data as well.

Keep in mind also that a number of members on this forum who purchased some Nokia 3310 displays via Ebay or similar sources found there were some displays that did not work (DOA). If you know by say removal or testing in a working mobile/cell phone this the display is good then you should be able to get it working.

Last edited:

tarts

I found another code for 3310 (Link) This one uses SPI, but still no luck. LCD is balnc, but I know it works because I tested it on my c55 mobile phone. I think I have to buy 3310 LCD then.
By the way, the processor and LCD, both are running from the same ~2,6V power supply so no need for converter.

westaust55

ok thanks.
So I can't see why my 3310 code doesn't work, since my supply voltage is 2,59V (a 3,3V regulator + diode).
Does your processor have built in serial interface that you're using(SPI)? My code has just some loops to write dserial data.
Since you are apparently using a PIC 15F690 (not a PICAXE chip) and working in assembler it makes it harder to help you.

SOme of the key settings as in the first data to send to initialise the A55/C55 dislay is:
Value=$21 ; $21 ==> H=1 and function set = chip active, horiz addressing & extended instruction set

Value=$08 ; Set HV multiplier = x 2. For $09 = x3 set Vop at ~$C6 otherwise gives black screen

Value=$F0 ; set Vop with (PRS = 0 Vlcd = 2.94V TO 6.75V) If HV multiplier = $08 then use ~$C6
; $E0=5.28V, $F0=6.3V, $FF = 6.72V NOTE max allowed is 9V

Value=$16 ; set bias: $16 ==> n=1 FOR mux rate 1:18 or 1:16 NOTE: n = 2 and n=5 DO NOT work

Value=$06 ; set temperature coefficient = 2

Value=$20 ; $20 ==> H=0 and function set = FOR basic instruction set

Value=$0C ; display config = display non-inverted

Compare those with your working 3310 code. As previously mentioned, depending upon the supply voltage, I have had to adjust the $F0 value.

At 2.6 Volts your voltage may be too low for the gLCD. I run mine around with the supply at 3V. You may need to adjust values 2 and 3 above.

What speed is your PIC working at. At approx 4 MHz and above even the PIC needs 3.0V according to the datasheet: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/41262a.pdf

balywin

Please help on A70 LCD

I have a working code for LCD from C55. I try to use it on LCD from A70, but nothing appears. Does somebody knows if it is compatible or I have to make some changes in source code?

Edit:
Problem solved with proper init sequence.

Last edited:

westaust55

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

Great to read that you have your A70 display working. :)

It would be great if you could post your working A70 gLCD module initialisation settings/parameters here as this may help others in the future. :cool:

I see that the A70 display is 101 x 64 pixels as per the A55/C55 so it is possibly down to voltage settings so may be warranteed to indicate the voltage you have to the gLCD moduel as well.

Last edited:

balywin

I've downloaded schematic diagrams of both phones C55 and A70 and I've noticed there that Vdd is 2.9V. But I use both LCDs at 3.1V without any problem.

I got the initial sequence from http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/83239/LCD-A70-nur_Init.zip

Another difference compared to C55 gLCD is the opposite direction of vertical coordinate.
The greatest A70's LCD advantage over C55's is the built-in backlight and the design.

Last edited:

westaust55

I've downloaded schematic diagrams of both phones C55 and A70 and I've noticed there that Vdd is 2.9V. But I use both LCDs at 3.1V without any problem.

I got the initial sequence from http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/83239/LCD-A70-nur_Init.zip

Another difference compared to C55 gLCD is the opposite direction of vertical coordinate.
The greatest advantage is the built-in backlight and the design.
Thanks for that link - worth knowing such information for the future. Particularly that the A70 gLCD has the backlight inbuilt.

Yes I have run as high as 3.3 Volts without problems but as mentioned recently in this thread there may be a need to adjust the voltage related settings as the supply voltage is changed for best contrast.

Last edited:

diego_z

logre que funcione

hohello people, after having consulted a long time, I decided to share something, for me ... very good, maybe some people say. to that. but as I say it's good for me and I'm very happy,
after much reading about lcd browse pages on cel and other things, I always ran into So use the C language to do almost anything, as I am a stubborn guy, c never entered, hehe my thing and there is assembler not take me away, long time since I've been thinking and I finally decided to bring my ideas into practice, I first download a library for proteus nokia 3310 lcd I found here, http://www.tanu-sha.narod.ru / nokia3310.html, and wrote what was around in my head was so simulates the display and then assemble in breadboard for c55 which is very similar but not identical, I intend to do with this?
anything, just show me and prove to myself that everything can be accomplished with a little effort and perseverance,
three images by all alike, is a breadboard with a 16f628 approximate generating 2.5kHz signal, a signal processing that 18F2550 reflecting the outcome of the sling in the display, I leave you a hug, thanks for Argentina diego data