shiftreg_4 primitive

giuseppe

Hello all

I am trying to use the shift register within vsm. I have used one model but it did not have a pin for the shifted out bits. I am now using the shiftreg_4 primitive. What I am trying to find is the pin explanation for this model. What is DL, DU, QU, and QL? I want to use it as a serial in, parallel out register. I do not understand which one is the input pin for data, i assume it is one of the pins starting with D. And which one of the pins are the parallel out pins, i assume it is the pins labeled Q0-Q3. I am also guessing the reset pin should be grounded, the OE pin to 5 volts. What does up and hold mean on the primitive. Help is appreciated thanks.

giuseppe

Hey guys this is like my third post after buying the vsm software and i have not gotten any help at all so far. . . you guys are really going to be this way? I have 48 D flip flops cascaded so I could get the 6 8-bit registers I needed but come on, it just looks ridiculous!! Also, I cannot open the help files from vsm, is there a place I can just download them on a PDF?

eclectic

It's not my business, but

1. Your first post was replied to here:
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18416

2. You sent a question on Sunday (29:05) at 18.39 BST.

3. You then sent a follow-up on Monday (30:05) at 01.12 BST.

Today, there has been a Bank Holiday in England.
(With normal BH weather.)

I'm sure that you'll get an answer
when Technicals resume work.

e

giuseppe

I know, it was just I never really got an answer to another thread regarding if there is any new updates on the new release of vsm (which I am eager for) and I just saw the post on the other thread I started (which was very helpful).

I was not aware of the holiday in England.

Also, I guess since I have been spoiled with fast responses on the PICAXE main forum in the past, I was expecting equally fast responses on this one. I guess it simply gets much more traffic. Sorry if I came off as a bit of a pest.

giuseppe

Thanks technical, perfect answer once again.

Just to let you guys know, I have already made great advancements with a few of my projects. I thank VSM. Making this simulation software for the picaxe was a good move. Hats off to Rev Ed and Labcenter.