SEROUT Hex Numbers?

erco

I have sent multiple emails to the same seller asking if this is a Chinese or English module to no avail. I don't think he understands English well, which is a bad sign.

I want mushroom's custom module which understands 'Wake up' or 'Beam me up Scotty' and Replies 'your wish is my command'.

mushroom

Erco and Julian E. You can't have my modules, however here are links to the seller.
Note: when my modules arrived a note with them explained that the basic modules had the star trek theme and the kits did not. Opposite to advert.
Also these have a USB to serial chip installed near the module's USB outlet. Most pictures I've seen on Ebay show this chip missing.
Seller Emailed me and seems to be a friendly English speaking Aussie. He and a German based guy are doing an English manual/instructions. Great.

erco

You struck gold, mushroom, thanks for sharing. Have you tried them out to confirm the smaller modules are the star trek version? I wonder if these guys programmed them themselves.

erco

My ten modules arrived from directimports1899, the same Ebay seller as julianE used. Slowest ship ever, 2 weeks from NJ to CA. It took a dozen emails to get the seller to understand & answer my question about Chinese or English. He finally said English. Sadly that wasn't the case. I'm returning all ten.

mushroom

Sorry to hear that Erco. It's hard enough in this hobby finding English info or understandable Chinglish, and dealing with non English speaking suppliers when we have to. Now even the modules we buy speak Chinese.
I'm surprised in that your boards are from and to the US.
I believe my supplier can program his choise of words into the chip. I'll get detail as to how and pass that on. Good Luck.

erco

That Aussie seller is a great guy, I contacted him through Ebay. He says the Chinese modules can be flashed to the Chinglish version. That would help!

julianE

Aw come on, pop on over, gas is so cheap now. Let's collab on a video! :)
Years back I used to work in San Jose weeks at a time, ugliest city I have ever been in, all that money sloshing around hopelessly looking for modicum of style. I do love LA, you are lucky to live there, city has charm.